On November 20, 2014, President Obama gave a speech and released his plan for immigration reform. The plan will benefit millions of undocumented aliens living in the United States. Since 2000, we’ve been representing our immigrant communities in Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Newport News, all of Hampton Roads and the Eastern Shore of Virginia. Our clients hire our services from surrounding areas such as Elizabeth City, Nags Head, Kill Devil Hills and Raleigh, North Carolina.
We are so excited to be able to help members of the community who have waited so long for some type of immigration relief. You all have sat in our conference rooms only to be told that nothing can be done. That is about to change. Let us help you determine whether you are eligible for any of the provisions of President Obama’s Executive Action.
- Are you the parent of U.S. Citizens or Lawful Permanent Residents and have been in the U.S. for more than five years? You may be eligible for the new deferred action program. This would allow you to get a work permit for three years at a time and be protected from deportation (removal) proceedings.
- Did you come to the U.S. as a child, have you been in the U.S. for at least five years, graduated from high school, or college, or received a GED, or currently enrolled in school, or a GED program? Executive action expands DACA (Deferred action for Childhood Arrivals) to include those brought to the U.S. before January 1, 2010 (instead of June 15, 2007), regardless of how old they are today.
- Are you an entrepreneur who creates jobs, brings investments to the U.S. and generate revenue that helps grow the U.S. economy?
- Are you undocumented and do you have a Lawful Permanent Resident spouse? You may be eligible for Provisional Waiver.
If you answered yes to any of the questions here, you may be eligible for relief.
At this time, you cannot apply, but you can start gathering your documents and talk to one of our immigration attorneys to determine your elibility. Examples of documents that would be required are:
- Your birth certificate and translation
- Your U.S. Citizen children’s birth certificates
- Proof that you’ve paid your taxes
- Proof that you’ve lived in the U.S. for the past five years, such as tax returns, paystubs, and your lease, to name a few.
We are privileged to be your go-to law firm for information and assistance on this exciting new development in immigration law. Contact us now to see if you qualify at 757-464-9224 or firstname.lastname@example.org or complete our contact firm, and we will contact you!