We are an immigration law firm located in Virginia Beach, VA, representing immigration clients in all 50 states and all over the world. The firm is close-knit, so you will probably end up talking to everyone on the team before we make any decisions 🙂 We are all super friendly, though, don’t worry. Come check us out! This is a full-time position, hybrid remote/office position.
Here’s who we’re looking for:
Immigration Paralegal – bilingual (Spanish/English) HIGHLY preferred with at least 3 years of experience in all areas of business and family immigration, including, but not limited to, H-1B, PERM, I-140, O-1, EB-1, EB-2, E-2, L-1A, L-1B, H-3, Marriage Adjustments, Consular Processing, SIJS, Naturalization.
- Work independently and confidently manage a large caseload
- Be able to come into the office at least two times per week.
- You know immigration – you must be able to hit the ground running with the immigration casework
- Excellent writer and communicator
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in using immigration case-management software and technology
- Organized and superb attention to detail – if you’re error-prone on forms, move on
- Treat everyone with respect and courtesy and have a lot of empathy. No big egos
- You’re a team player – what does this mean?
- If you’ve ever said, “that’s not my job”, this position is not for you
- You help find solutions to issues that may arise
- You contribute and participate in our team meetings.
- Have a quiet, no-distractions work environment when you work from home
- Work-authorized – DACA welcome!
Some of our perks:
- Meaningful, impactful work – we change lives for the better
- All Federal Holidays off/paid
- Casual office setting when not meeting clients – rainbow Crocs, anyone?
- Hybrid work from home/office
- Health Insurance
- IRA Employer matching
- We eat together a lot, celebrate all our birthdays, well, like it’s your birthday! And generally try to make our work lives balanced and not overwhelming because of YOLO. But we do work hard and fast when we’re working, don’t be fooled.
- Relocation compensation
- Remote work will be considered, but why wouldn’t you want to move to Virginia Beach, VA?
- Play a large, independent role in our growing business immigration practice – you will not be micromanaged, but your input is encouraged and needed!
How To Apply – please read carefully. This is a test, I repeat, this is a test!
To apply for the Immigration Paralegal position, e-mail your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the Subject line, type your last name in all caps – one adjective to describe you – and add PL. In your cover letter, answer the following question: Why do you practice immigration law? You should be detailed in your response, but don’t go over two paragraphs. You should also tell us in another paragraph why you think you would be a good fit for this firm. In the last paragraph of your cover letter, tell us what you liked about our ad and what you did not like about our ad. You can be honest; we will not hold it against you.
Thank you for taking the time to read this entire ad; if you decide to apply and follow the instructions, we look forward to following up with you.